This year had many good movies but amongst all those, some stood out. Continue to read to find out the 10 best movies of 2019 and why they are the best…
10. Murder Mystery-A New York cop and his wife go on a European vacation to reinvigorate the spark in their marriage. A chance encounter leads to them being framed for the murder of an elderly billionaire. Murder Mystery– This is one of the latest films that Netflix released this year in the genre of comedy and is kind of an adaptation of the Murder on the orient express. Due to the amazing cast of the film (Jennifer Anniston and Adam Sandler), the film makes you giggle and have a hearty laugh at times but does have some logic loopholes.
9.US-Accompanied by her husband, son, and daughter, Adelaide Wilson returns to the beachfront home where she grew up as a child. Haunted by a traumatic experience from the past, Adelaide grows increasingly concerned that something bad is going to happen. Her worst fears soon become a reality when four masked strangers descend upon the house, forcing the Wilsons into a fight for survival. When the masks come off, the family is horrified to learn that each attacker takes the appearance of one of them. The main protagonist, Adelaide(Lupita Nyongo) knows more than she’s letting on. The climax is so intriguing, it might keep you up at night thinking about it. The exemplary performances are what makes this movie a masterpiece.
8. Aladdin-Aladdin is a lovable street urchin who meets Princess Jasmine, the beautiful daughter of the sultan of Agrabah. While visiting her exotic palace, Aladdin stumbles upon a magic oil lamp that unleashes a powerful, wisecracking, larger-than-life genie. As Aladdin and the genie start to become friends, they must soon embark on a dangerous mission to stop the evil sorcerer Jafar from overthrowing young Jasmine’s kingdom. This Disney remake is actually better than was expected, thanks to the strong soundtrack and the famous characters.
7. Long Shot-Fred Flarsky is a gifted and free-spirited journalist who has a knack for getting into trouble. Charlotte Field is one of the most influential women in the world — a smart, sophisticated and accomplished politician. When Fred unexpectedly runs into Charlotte, he soon realizes that she was his former baby sitter and childhood crush. When Charlotte decides to make a run for the presidency, she impulsively hires Fred as her speechwriter — much to the dismay of her trusted advisers.
6. Fighting with my family-Born into a tight-knit wrestling family, Paige and her brother Zak are ecstatic when they get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to try out for the WWE. But when only Paige earns a spot in the competitive training program, she must leave her loved ones behind and face this new cutthroat world alone. Paige’s journey pushes her to dig deep and ultimately prove to the world that what makes her different is the very thing that can make her a star. This one is for all those WWE fans out there. This is based on a true story of Paige, the famous female WWE star. For this movie, I can say that literally all of the cast was spectacular, with strong performances. Although there aren’t many fighting scenes, the movie can be considered as a pretty good entertainer.
5. Men in Black: International-The Men in Black have expanded to cover the globe but so have the villains of the universe. To keep everyone safe, decorated Agent H and determined rookie M join forces — an unlikely pairing that just might work. When aliens that can take the form of any human arrive on Earth, H and M embark on a globe-trotting adventure to save the agency — and ultimately the world — from their mischievous plans. Although this movie isn’t as good as the other movies in the franchise, it is quite a good watch. Chris Hemsworth’s presence is what lights up most of the parts in the movie.
4.Godzilla: King of the Monsters-Members of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When this ancient super-species-thought to be mere myths-rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance. The magnificent cinematography of the movie and the action-packed monster fight scenes compensate for the muddled storyline.
3. Shazam!-We all have a superhero inside of us — it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In 14-year-old Billy Batson’s case, all he needs to do is shout out one word to transform into the adult superhero Shazam. Still a kid at heart, Shazam revels in the new version of himself by doing what any other teen would do — have fun while testing out his newfound powers. But he’ll need to master them quickly before the evil Dr. Thaddeus Sivana can get his hands on Shazam’s magical abilities. What makes this movie utterly delightful is the broad humor, positive messages, and standout performances.
2. John Wick 3: Parabellum-After gunning down a member of the High Table — the shadowy international assassin’s guild — legendary hit man John Wick finds himself stripped of the organization’s protective services. Now stuck with a $14 million bounty on his head, Wick must fight his way through the streets of New York as he becomes the target of the world’s most ruthless killers. As with the other movies in this franchise, the movie is more of bloodshed than the story. But even though, Keanu Reeve’s performance and the amazing directing wouldn’t let you get bored. This is truly a masterpiece by Chad Stahelski.
- Avengers: Endgame– Adrift in space with no food or water, Tony Stark sends a message to Pepper Potts as his oxygen supply starts to dwindle. Meanwhile, the remaining Avengers — Thor, Black Widow, Captain America, and Bruce Banner — must figure out a way to bring back their vanquished allies for an epic showdown with Thanos — the evil demigod who decimated the planet and the universe. I bet you all saw this coming, didn’t you? The thing that makes this movie unique is that it has the perfect mixture of all elements such as action, suspense, emotions, etc. Even though the movie is 3 hours long, I am sure you wouldn’t even realize how the time will fly. If you’re a true Marvel fan, then be prepared to get your hearts broken by the end of the movie.
So this was our list of top 10 best movies of 2019, let us know if you think we should add any other movies in our list.