Who doesn’t love a sweet and funny romantic comedy? Honestly speaking, the rom-com genre wasn’t doing that well until lately. Instead of watching romantic movies, which are usually brimming with drama and grief, most people prefer romantic comedies, because they make you laugh and cry at the same time!
This list is perfect for all those rom-com fans out there, that are wondering what to watch.
So, here we go with our TOP 10 list of the best romantic comedy movies of 2019!
10. Someone Great– Someone Great is a 2019 American romantic comedy film written and directed by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson. The film stars Gina Rodriguez, Brittany Snow, and DeWanda Wise. It was released by Netflix on April 19, 2019. Dumped by her long-term boyfriend, a music journalist recruits her two best friends for one last outrageous adventure in New York City before she moves to San Francisco.’
9. Isn’t it romantic– Natalie is a New York architect who works hard to get noticed at her job, but is more likely to deliver coffee and bagels than design the city’s next skyscraper. Things go from bad to weird when she gets knocked unconscious during a subway mugging and magically wakes up to find herself in an alternate universe. Always cynical about love, Natalie’s worst nightmare soon comes true when she suddenly discovers that she’s playing the leading lady in a real-life romantic comedy. This movie is not only a romantic comedy, in fact, it is ABOUT romantic comedies!
8. Little– Jordan is a take-no-prisoners tech mogul who torments her long-suffering assistant, April, and the rest of her employees on a daily basis. She soon faces an unexpected threat to her personal life and career when she magically transforms into a 13-year-old version of herself right before a do-or-die presentation. Jordan will now need to rely on April more than ever — if April is willing to stop treating Jordan like a 13-year-old child who has an attitude problem.
7. Plus One-Longtime single friends agree to be each other’s plus one at every wedding they are invited to.
6. Murder Mystery-A New York cop and his wife go on a European vacation to reinvigorate the spark in their marriage. A chance encounter leads to them being framed for the murder of an elderly billionaire. This movie has been listed even in the ” Best movies of 2019 (so far)” list.
5. Yesterday– Jack Malik is a struggling singer-songwriter in an English seaside town whose dreams of fame are rapidly fading, despite the fierce devotion and support of his childhood best friend, Ellie. After a freak bus accident during a mysterious global blackout, Jack wakes up to discover that The Beatles have never existed. Performing songs by the greatest band in history to a world that has never heard them, Jack becomes on overnight sensation with a little help from his agent.
4. What men want– Passed up for a well-deserved promotion, sports agent Ali Davis wonders what else she needs to do to succeed in a man’s world. Hoping to find answers from a psychic, Ali drinks a weird concoction that suddenly allows her to hear what men are thinking. Using her newfound ability, Ali starts to turn the tables on her obnoxious male colleagues while racing to sign the next basketball superstar.
3. Always be my maybe– Childhood sweethearts have a falling out and don’t speak for 15 years, only reconnecting as adults when Sasha runs into Marcus in San Francisco. Although the old sparks are still there, the couple live in different worlds.
2. Long Shot– Fred Flarsky is a gifted and free-spirited journalist who has a knack for getting into trouble. Charlotte Field is one of the most influential women in the world — a smart, sophisticated and accomplished politician. When Fred unexpectedly runs into Charlotte, he soon realizes that she was his former baby sitter and childhood crush. When Charlotte decides to make a run for the presidency, she impulsively hires Fred as her speechwriter — much to the dismay of her trusted advisers.
1.The perfect date– This movie is my personal favorite, mainly because this is by far, Noah Centineo’s best performance. It’s about a high school student who creates an app to offer his services as a fake date to make money for college. When he develops feelings for someone, his plan gets complicated.
So, this was our list of the best romantic comedy movies of 2019. Feel free to put your suggestions in the comments below!