Wondering what to watch after completing yet another TV series? Well, let’s be honest, we’ve all wasted plenty of time browsing through those same shows on Netflix and Google and ended up watching nothing in the end. Don’t worry, here is a list of 10 handpicked TV shows that you can watch to satisfy the urge of binge-watching!
1. Lucifer– Lucifer, the devil, returns from hell to reside in Los Angeles and runs a club. He soon gets involved with the local police and assists them in solving tricky criminal cases. This show is a sweet blend of comedy and emotions. For most of the people like me, not even one episode would bore you as Tom Ellis aka Lucifer never fails to amuse the audience with his funny one-liners and his impeccable English accent. This show is a must-watch if you’re looking for something thrilling and yet comical at the same time.
The Hollywood Blogger Score: 95%
2.Peaky blinders– Peaky Blinders is an English crime drama television series primarily set in Birmingham, England in the aftermath of World War I. The series, which was created by Steven Knight and produced by Caryn Mandabach Productions, Screen Yorkshire and Tiger Aspect Productions, follows the exploits of the Shelby crime family. What makes this show unique is the admirable personalities of the characters and the panache of the main protagonist, Cillian Murphy aka Tommy Shelby. Although the show is a bit too violent, it never fails to astound the audience with unexpected plot twists and unpredictable season-ending.
The Hollywood Blogger Score: 90%
3. Ozark-Created by Bill Dubuque (“The Accountant,” “The Judge”), this drama series stars Jason Bateman as Marty Byrde, a financial planner who relocates his family from Chicago to a summer resort community in the Ozarks. With wife Wendy and their two kids in tow, Marty is on the move after a money-laundering scheme goes wrong, forcing him to pay off a substantial debt to a Mexican drug lord in order to keep his family safe. While the Byrdes’ fate hangs in the balance, the dire circumstances force the fractured family to reconnect. Well, to be very honest with you, the story is pretty common but the spectacular acting is what makes this show a masterpiece. Jason Bateman’s flawless acting is what upholds the show and prevents it from becoming monotonous.
The Hollywood Blogger Score: 89%
4. On my block-“On My Block” follows a quartet of bright, street-savvy friends who are navigating their way through high school, including all the of the triumph, pain, and newness they experience along the way. Lifelong friendships are tested as Monse, Ruby, Jamal, and Cesar confront the challenges of adolescence and life in their predominantly Hispanic and black neighborhood in South Central Los Angeles in this coming-of-age comedy series.
The Hollywood Blogger Score: 80%
5. Lost in space– In the aftermath of an impact event that threatens the survival of humanity, the Robinson family is selected for the 24th mission of the Resolute (24th Colonist Group), an interstellar spacecraft carrying selected families to colonize the Alpha Centauri star system. Before they reach their destination, an alien robot breaches the Resolute’s hull. Forced to evacuate the mothership in short-range Jupiter spacecraft, scores of colonists, among them the Robinsons, crash on a nearby habitable planet. There they must contend with a strange environment and battle their own personal demons as they search for a way back to the Resolute. The plot is extremely interesting and the performances of all the actors are plausible, especially the young actors. This mini-series is something you can watch and enjoy with your family and it is one of the best Netflix sci-fi tv shows I have watched.
The Hollywood Blogger Score: 78%
6. Stranger things–It’s the fall of 1984, about a year after Will Byers was found, and he has been plagued by seeing visions of the Upside Down featuring a more dangerous monster. That leads the boy to see a suspiciously friendly new doctor, with the possibility that Will’s visions are the result of suffering from PTSD. Nancy deals with survivor’s remorse over the death of best friend Barb. Meanwhile, a new sinister entity threatens the Hawkins residents who survived the year-earlier events. New to the town is tomboy Max, who befriends the boys and attracts the romantic interests of Dustin and Lucas. Stranger Things has tons of mystery. Even when the final credits roll, you won’t have all the answers—though you’ll have enough to give the season a satisfying conclusion. This is yet another show that you can enjoy with your friends and family and possibly binge-watch the 2 seasons.
The Hollywood Blogger Score: 76%
7. The punisher– After exacting revenge on the people responsible for the deaths of his wife and children, Frank Castle uncovers a conspiracy that runs deeper than New York’s criminal underworld. Now known as the Punisher, he must dig deep into the conspiracy to discover the truth about injustices that affect more than just him and his family. Assisting the vigilante in his quest to fight criminals are best friend Billy Russo, who runs private military corporation Anvil, and former NSA analyst Micro, who shares common enemies with Castle and helps him as part of a so-called marriage of convenience. This anti-hero marvel show is one of the best shows Marvel has ever come up with. Although all marvel’s Netflix shows are fascinating, this one is particularly unique and follows a very good storyline which is adapted from the famous Marvel comics. Jonny Bernthal is the perfect actor for portraying the character of Frank Castle, the main protagonist.
The Hollywood Blogger Score:85%
8. Travelers– Travelers is a Canadian-American science fiction television series created by Brad Wright, starring Eric McCormack, Mackenzie Porter, Jared Abrahamson, Nesta Cooper, Reilly Dolman, and Patrick Gilmore. In a post-apocalyptic future, thousands of special operatives are tasked with preventing the collapse of society. According to Dustin Rowles from http://www.pajiba.com/netflix_movies_and_tv/review-netflixs-travelers-is-bingewatching-candy.php, “It’s entertaining and engrossing, fast-moving, and addictive enough that you are willing to ignore some of the flaws in its logic, and there are a lot of flaws here, as is often the case with time travel shows.” This is yet another sci-fi TV show about time travel which succeeds in keeping viewers entertained by the admirable characters and portraying our time, as seen through the eyes of people in the future.
The Hollywood Blogger Score: 79%
9.La Casa de Papel ( Money heist)– Money Heist (Spanish: La Casa de Papel, lit. ‘The Paper House’) is a Spanish heist television series created by Álex Pina. It revolves around a long-prepared, multi-day assault on the Royal Mint of Spain. It was initially intended as a limited series and premiered on 2 May 2017. A mysterious man, known as “The Professor”, is planning the biggest bank heist in history. To carry out the ambitious plan, he recruits a team of eight people with certain abilities who have nothing to lose. The goal is to enter the Royal Mint of Spain in Madrid, the capital of Spain, and print €2.4 billion. To do this, the team requires eleven days of seclusion, during which they have to deal with elite police forces and 67 hostages. This is one of the best and meticulously planned series on Netflix.
The Hollywood Blogger Score: 75%
10. Riverdale is an American teen drama television series based on the characters of Archie Comics. The series was adapted for The CWby Archie Comics’ chief creative officer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and is produced by Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, in association with Berlanti Productions and Archie Comics. While navigating the troubled waters of romance, school and family, Archie and his gang become entangled in dark Riverdale mysteries.
The Hollywood Blogger Score:70%